Thursday, March 25, 2010

Good Days

We had a good day today. It was a little chilly today, but Makiya and I walked to the library and she got her first library card today! We registered for Story Time, but are on the wait list! I hate to say I hope someone cancels, but I do!! I really don't want to miss out on this session, the next one (at our local library) doesn't start until JULY!! I am sure we will get in there though, and I am sooo excited!

Looking forward to tomorrow...my old (well SHE is not old, but I don't work for her now...!!) boss and I are getting together. I love her. She is a huge believer in Laws of Attraction and The Secret etc., among other very interesting beliefs. She always gets me thinking and I miss being around her. We haven't seen eachother since just after Makiya was born, so it's been over a year! She is a very positive person and it is really going to be nice to be near those wonderful vibes tomorrow!

Made a nice big pot of chili tonight. Yummy! Dying to go dip into it. It's funny, but I still eat it the way I did growing up...served over Kraft Dinner and topped with sour cream! It looks terrible, and sounds strange, but I swear it is the BEST!! I have always loved making chili, I try to make it the same as my mom always did. I take such pride in each step of the chili preparations. Every step has a purpose, and must be carefully tended to. I enjoy the wonderful visual effect, the colors of the peppers when I add them to the hamburger and onions. The time comes, and adding the beans, and then the tomatoes...I truly do love making my big pot of chilli!!

Looking forward to this weekend. My honey says he won't be working and will let me sleep in all weekend!! Aaaah, sweet sleep!! Love him as I do, I know that work takes over sometimes, so I can't get TOO excited quite yet. But, aaaahhh again! I will cherish the thought for now!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amazon

AdSense2