Monday, March 8, 2010

Get Back to Writing Already!

It has always been so much easier for me to sit down and write when I am not at my happiest!

I find that to be a huge hinderance for so many reasons other than the obvious, of course it would be nice to feel the desire, the itch to write when life is full of sunshine.
More to that though, I feel apprehensive about venting those deeply dark emotions in such a way that I could be discovered! Be it on paper, where I could keep it to myself, or on something like this blog...it is difficult to allow myself to be completley honest about my feelings during these darker times.

I know that writing is like a form of therapy for myself, so it is counter-productive for me to allow such mental blocks to get in the way. It is something that I really need to get over. I must do it to heal, move forward, and grow!

2 comments:

Writing is definitely therapy for me! I'm sure I'd go stark raving crazy if I didn't write even if no one reads it!

After more than 2 years blogging, I can say that I have been blessed by others who share similar experiences...whether joy or grief...trials or accomplishments. Their support, comfort and shared celebrations keeps me posting!
 
Laurinda, I keep this quote by my computer and just the other day shared it online with some writing sisters. Your writing will become so valuable. Just keep on trying every day. Writing down what I feel often helps me figure things out, clarifies it for me. It will all come out--the dark and the light--the fear and the joy. And this quote is from a lady who really knew that first hand.

"I must write it all out, at any cost. Writing is thinking. It is more than living, for it is being conscious of living." (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amazon

AdSense2