Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl

Makiya.
My little angel.
My baby girl.
I never imagined I would ever hold you in my arms, and even when they finally placed you on my chest and I finally got to look into your amazing little face, I couldn’t seem to breathe, relax and accept that you had made your way to me.
In just these short three years that I have had you before my eyes, in my arms, on my mind and in my heart, I have been transformed, before your eyes and because of your life, love and innocence. You’ve made me see through the eyes of a child again, and brought me to a place that could never have one face anything less than that; to grow, live and laugh as a child. You have a joy and determination, a love for all that amazes me daily; you make me feel as naïve and hungry for learning and life as you must be.

I wonder about what you think about, the things you aren’t able, ready or perhaps willing to yet share. I wonder how you feel, what your thoughts are to this point about this world, your family… I long to know what truly makes you happiest, what interests you the most and what you would love to try, aside from EVERYTHING at this early age of three! I think about the parts of you that are forming, the things that are beyond, hidden behind, inside, the things that aren’t shouted, giggled and whispered about. I wonder about the person you are becoming.
I try my best every day, even on the roughest of them. I try to show you only the joys that a child should experience. I try to give you a childhood that will be woven into memories, happy and warm thoughts of a loving, learning and laughing time in your life.

I want only for you to breathe gently and inhale all of the world that surrounds you. I want for you to dance freely, as you do, releasing yourself to all that will surely come to you. I want for you to continue to sing as exuberantly, happily and straight from the heart and soul as I witness constantly throughout our days.I want for you to be all that you can, which is anything and everything.
You are the most amazing little girl; so smart, funny, strong and, of course, beautiful.
You are my world, my everything, my all. I would do anything I ever could for you, and I will always do my best to make sure that you are surrounded by nothing less than a true, peaceful and love filled home.

Happy 3rd Birthday my sweet girl!
Love, Mommy

5 comments:

She's beautiful!

Happy New Year!
 
Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter ... She looks like such a happy child :)

I clicked over from your Mom's blog, and enjoyed browsing here. Happy writing to you ...
 
Thank you Otin, and Happy New Year to you as well!

Joanne, thank you for popping by! Thank you, and she sure is a happy little lady!!
 
Hi Laurinda .. Happy days ahead with a gorgeous looking daughter .. and as you say absolutely everything she could wish for .. Happy New Year and good luck with your writing .. cheers Hilary
 
Thank you Hilary! Happy New Year to you as well!
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amazon

AdSense2